Verified Reviewer

2.0

We have subscribed to WP since the end of 2015. I paid between $48-53 every six weeks.

Two months ago i was told my subscription price was going to jump to $114 every six weeks, a 42% increase and that is a 50% discount at an annual subscription cost of $988. I can't justify that kind of cost. I called the customer service number and was told i had no other options so i cancelled my subscription. On the WP app, a promo was advertised and nowhere did it indicate it was for new subscribers so i signed up and gave my cc information.

WP sent an email receipt. We did not receive any paper or digital access. Called customer service again and was told that we did qualify since we weren't new subscribers.

There was no other options given when i talked to customer service. My wife and i enjoy the paper but i never had this poor of an experience in customer service from WP.

User's recommendation: Be aware that all the customer service is through Manila, Philippines.Call clarity and experienced personnel are in short supply.

Product or Service Mentioned: The Washington Post Customer Care.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

The Washington Post Pros: Paper content very good.

The Washington Post Cons: Poor customer service.

Comments